Monday, August 12, 2013

Meet the teacher linky


Let's get this party started!


1.  If you've been following my blog then you know that my husband is currently deployed in Afghanistan right now.  This is our 2nd deployment together the first was 4 years ago while I was pregnant with my daughter.  He was scheduled to come home for 2 weeks around my due date but my daughter had other plans and decided to surprise us by coming  2 weeks early so my husband coached me threw the delivery on the phone and was able to come home 3 days later.  This time he is working straight threw so no visits until the end of his deployment :(

2.  I have 2 amazing kiddos!  My daughter who is 4 and my 11 month old son.  These two keep me on my toes!  

3.  I love music!  I'm currently rocking Bruno Mars (which is awesome) and Maroon 5 (love me some Adam).  If you were to open my cd case you would be surprised at how much I love country music! Some of my favorite artist are Lady A, Luke Bryan, and  Carrie Underwood.

4.  This will be my 4th year teaching.  I've taught 1st grade 1 year and 2nd grade for 3.  I also teach in the same district that I went to as a kid.  My assistant principal was my 7th grade ELA teacher!

5.  I was a assistant Child Care Director for 5 years before I started teaching in the school district that I work for.

6.  I hate change! I really do!  That's why I don't think I could ever transfer campuses or districts (too stressful).

7.  I can't stand sliced cheese on sandwiches but love cheeseburgers (weird)!  My husband thinks it's a brain thing.  We even tried melting the cheese on a sandwich and it was a no go.  Which is why I tend to stay away from subway.  No fun ordering a sandwich with only meat and bread:(

8.  I have a dog named Izzy that my husband surprised me with when we were dating 6 years ago.  Love this girl!  

9.  I have the tendency to look mad when I'm perfectly happy.  I think I got this from my mom because people say the same thing about her.  So I usually get the "are you ok"? speech sometime during the day because people think I'm upset.  I promise you I smile and laugh all the time!

10.  The last and final tidbit about me is that I have the worst sleeping schedule ever!  I usually don't go to sleep until 3 in the morning.  For some reason I get all of my ideas in a.m.  One year I was so out of sync that I slept during the day and was awake all night.  

Well I hope you have learned a little more about me!  I report back to work on Thursday for inservice so I'm off to finish up some cutting.


1 comment:

  1. I love all kinds of music too! ( Adam Levine= SWOON!) Good luck with deployment. Thank you ( and your husband) for your service!
    Jean
    Diving Into 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete