Oh' Boy 4th Grade to bring you my December currently. This post isn't just to link up, it's also my way of coming out of blogging retirement! From the photos on my blog you can see that I have been busy coaching a cheerleading squad. Well I'm thrilled to say that the season has ended and me and my cheer babies are on a well needed break until next season. So no more neglecting my poor blog.
Currently I'm listening to my 2 year old explain why he shouldn't be sleeping right now. This normally doesn't happen except my husband let his sleep until 8:30 so my munchkin is wide a wake in his room.
Loving: I love everything about Thanksgiving and Christmas! I love the colors, smells, clothes, weather, food and of course the time off! I love my students but sometimes we all can use a break.
Thinking: I'm so not looking forward to setting my alarm to wake up at 5 tomorrow. Just the thought of it makes me want to cry.
Wanting: This one could get long.... I've asked Santa for a new hard case for my dell along with a colorful keyboard skin, blanket scarf from American Eagle, Erin Condren gift card to replace my life planner, and black and white cheetah nike running shoes. I also want my husband to stop telling me that he doesn't want anything!!!! I promise he's the hardest person to shop for.
Needing: To wrap gifts!!!!!
Giving: I want to give all of you major kudos!!!! For constantly doing wonderful things in and outside of your classrooms for your kiddos.
Sunday, November 30, 2014
Friday, July 11, 2014
I’m linking up with Buzzing with Ms. McClain to share some helpful ideas, strategies and projects that teacher’s ought to know about.
Today I'm going to talk to you about how to avoid Spiral Drama!!!! I don’t know about you guys but my kids love taking the spiral coil out of their spirals which of course causes their spirals to come completely apart. Last year I tried buying a class set of the composition books so that I could avoid the drama with the spiral all together but they cost so much more than the spirals. This year I was able to get a class set of 17 spirals for a little over 2 dollars versus paying 50 cents for 1 comp book.
With that savings I was able to buy some decorative duck tape and VOILA!
Just one strip of duck tape practically turns your spiral into a comp book! Now my students can’t take the coils out and I won’t have any more Spiral Drama!
I hope you guys can use this idea in your classrooms! Check out the other bloggers in the You Ought to Know Blog Hop!
Monday, June 30, 2014
It can not be July already! I guess it must be so because the hubs and I are planning our anniversary weekend and Farley's July currently is up. So while I have some alone time at my computer I shall entertain you guys with my currently list.
Listening: I'm currently listening to my daughter ask me questions so she can try to stay up longer than she's supposed too! Of course mommy does not play that!
Loving: This summer I've been on a dress kick for some reason. Usually I try my best to stay away from them but lately I've been in nothing but dresses and couldn't be more happier. I've found tons that will be perfect paired up with a cute cardigan for back to school.
Thinking: I've been thinking way too hard about what I'm going to get the mister for our anniversary. He's the type who never wants anything which makes it super hard to figure out what he wants. So far I've narrowed it down to some new coaching gear since he coaches a lil league football team or some Ray Ban glasses both of which I think he would love and tell me to take back because he doesn't want anything.
Wanting: My husband has surprised me with a brand new rocking chair for my classroom for our anniversary. So I would love for the one and only Laurie Cole of Laurie Cole designs to paint my rocking chair for me. She made my teacher sign for me when I started teaching and I get nothing but compliments when people see it.
Needing: I so need to finish cleaning all the closets in my house so I can donate all the goodies we don't wear and need to make space for everything else.
4th plans: We're going to enjoy fireworks, BBQ, and enjoy our anniversary!
Well that's all for me. I hope you all have a safe and fun fourth!
Friday, June 20, 2014
As you can see I've been absent from my blog for almost a year. Yikes!!!! So today I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to give you my 5 for Friday. If you follow my instagram then you might have seen me talk about some of these projects this week.
I've been searching pinterest day and night and found the most adorable cheerleading t shirt. You've might have seen this on pinterest in black and pink but of course I had to get it made in our colors. Go Broncos! My girls were so excited to receive these shirts and they looked too stinkin cute with their bows.
This week I've been getting my workout on with my girl Jillian Michaels with her awesome workout Dvds and doing some Zumba.
Since I'm moving with my kiddies to 3rd next year I have been going thru all of the new TEKS for my grade level and jotting some ideas for future projects for my students in my EC planner.
I have officially completed my first 5 for Friday. Hope you guys go link up over at Doodle Bugs Teaching.
Saturday, August 17, 2013
Well almost..and I can't wait! I have been adding things to my wishlist like crazy so I could snag them during the sale. Here's a look at some of the items I plan to purchase tomorrow...
1. Interactive Reading Notebook and Language Notebook by. Nicole Shelby @ teachingwithblondeambition.blogspot.com
I think these two journals will be a great tool for my students to use during their reading and language arts block. Plus I love how organized they are.
2. Sticky Note Reading Skills and Sticky Note Reading strategies by. Leanne Prince @ http://www.mrsprinceandco.com/
I used tons of sticky notes during my reading block last year with the kids and never thought about incorporating them into their own graphic organizers! Loving these two!
Well those are some of the things that I will be shopping for tomorrow.
make sure you guys check out my 3 most wish listed items in my store for a chance to snag them pretty cheap!
1. Most wish listed item! Math Interactive Journal Kit
2. Accomplishment Badges
3. Back to School Math Centers
Well I'm off to check out some more products for tomorrow. I can't wait to see what all you guys get!
Monday, August 12, 2013
Let's get this party started!
1. If you've been following my blog then you know that my husband is currently deployed in Afghanistan right now. This is our 2nd deployment together the first was 4 years ago while I was pregnant with my daughter. He was scheduled to come home for 2 weeks around my due date but my daughter had other plans and decided to surprise us by coming 2 weeks early so my husband coached me threw the delivery on the phone and was able to come home 3 days later. This time he is working straight threw so no visits until the end of his deployment :(
2. I have 2 amazing kiddos! My daughter who is 4 and my 11 month old son. These two keep me on my toes!
3. I love music! I'm currently rocking Bruno Mars (which is awesome) and Maroon 5 (love me some Adam). If you were to open my cd case you would be surprised at how much I love country music! Some of my favorite artist are Lady A, Luke Bryan, and Carrie Underwood.
4. This will be my 4th year teaching. I've taught 1st grade 1 year and 2nd grade for 3. I also teach in the same district that I went to as a kid. My assistant principal was my 7th grade ELA teacher!
5. I was a assistant Child Care Director for 5 years before I started teaching in the school district that I work for.
6. I hate change! I really do! That's why I don't think I could ever transfer campuses or districts (too stressful).
7. I can't stand sliced cheese on sandwiches but love cheeseburgers (weird)! My husband thinks it's a brain thing. We even tried melting the cheese on a sandwich and it was a no go. Which is why I tend to stay away from subway. No fun ordering a sandwich with only meat and bread:(
8. I have a dog named Izzy that my husband surprised me with when we were dating 6 years ago. Love this girl!
9. I have the tendency to look mad when I'm perfectly happy. I think I got this from my mom because people say the same thing about her. So I usually get the "are you ok"? speech sometime during the day because people think I'm upset. I promise you I smile and laugh all the time!
10. The last and final tidbit about me is that I have the worst sleeping schedule ever! I usually don't go to sleep until 3 in the morning. For some reason I get all of my ideas in a.m. One year I was so out of sync that I slept during the day and was awake all night.
Well I hope you have learned a little more about me! I report back to work on Thursday for inservice so I'm off to finish up some cutting.