Friday, July 11, 2014

You Ought to Know About....No more spiral drama

I’m linking up with Buzzing with Ms. McClain to share some helpful ideas, strategies and projects that teacher’s ought to know about.



Today I'm going to talk to you about how to avoid Spiral Drama!!!!  I don’t know about you guys but my kids love taking the spiral coil out of their spirals which of course causes their spirals to come completely apart.  Last year I tried buying a class set of the composition books so that I could avoid the drama with the spiral all together but they cost so much more than the spirals. This year I was able to get a class set of 17 spirals for a little over 2 dollars versus paying 50 cents for 1 comp book. 


With that savings I was able to buy some decorative duck tape and VOILA! 



Just one strip of duck tape practically turns your spiral into a comp book!  Now my students can’t take the coils out and I won’t have any more Spiral Drama! 

I hope you guys can use this idea in your classrooms!  Check out the other bloggers in the You Ought to Know Blog Hop!


11 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This is a great idea! Does it really work like a comp book to keep all the pages attached? I use science interactive notebooks and my new teachers are always struggling with the costs of the comp books. I am sharing your post with them! Teaching Science With Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome idea! I bought composition books last year and it was a pretty penny! Thanks for sharing this tip!!

    Stephanie
    Mrs. Cain's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! I stopped using spiral notebooks because I hated those wires. This is a wonderful compromise.
    Debbie
    Crockett's Classroom...Forever in Third Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sonya! I love your spiral notebook idea! Great minds think alike! Are you willing to link up this post with my Week #1 Interactive Notebook Linky Party? It's my first one and your post is perfect!

    Susan
    Passioninportableland

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is a great idea. My students drive me crazy with this. They even take the coil out of their planners which they have to have signed every day. I think I'll try this! Thanks for sharing! I'm your newest follower!

    karen
    Smarticle Particles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, love it, love it!!!!!!! Just wanted I needed to know. I am using interactive notebooks this year and this will be quite helpful.

    Jasmine
    Buzzing With Mrs. McClain

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm curious to know how they lasted during the year. Great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea. I am going to do this in my class tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea. I am going to do this in my class tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete