Thursday, August 1, 2013

August Currently

 August Currently

 Listening:   to my daughter splash and sing in the tub while Sprouts is playing in the background.

Loving:   all of the projects me and my husband got done before left on his tour. We replaced the carpet with hard wood floors, tore out the old counters and replaced them with granite and now I'm painting the house before I head back to school.  I could have been done already but I can't decide on a darn color!

Thinking:  As always I'm thinking about my husband until he arrives home safely from serving overseas. 

Wanting:  I hope my husband is reading this ;)  I would really like a housekeeper so that I can take at least one task off my to do list when I go back to work.  This summer has been super stressful trying to take care of everything while my husbands away. I usually don't get to clean clean until the kids are asleep.  I have no clue how I will manage it when I have papers to grade, plans to write and conferences to attend.

Needing:  I really need some new shoes for work!  I finished the year with my pregnancy shoes because my feet had grew a size while pregnant but now all of them are way tooooooo big! 

B2S must haves:  
1.  New wardrobe - I'm a thick girl so I love shopping at lane Bryant, Macys, and Old Navy for cute B2S attire.

2.  Healthy Snack stash - I know all of us are guilty of knowing a teacher that has a stash of candy and grabbing a couple of pieces on a stressful day.  One year I made a dum dum tree and I kid you not I gave out more dum dums to teachers than my students because they were always on the hunt for sugar. This year I promised myself that I would pack healthy snacks that wouldn't tip the scale.  if you guys have any good suggestions I'd love to hear them in the comments below;)

3.  Lastly a water tumbler and coffee mug!  I've been on the hunt for cute and durable ones because I always break them or loose them.  

Well that's it for me.  I'm off to enjoy my limited days of late night Netflix movies before I have that pesky 5 o'clock alarm ringing in my ear again. I don't report back until the 15th what about you?



Oh' boy fourth grade


6 comments:

  1. Wow! You have had a busy summer! I would love to hear more about the Healthy Snack stash ideas, too...After spending the past several months dealing with breast cancer and treatments, suggestions about eating better at school would be greatly appreciated.

    Take care, and enjoy the remaining days of your summer break!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED your currently! I admire your strength with a hubby that is serving over seas. Mine is snoring in the next room and it makes me realize I take him for granted most of the time! Thank you for making me see what's important...including the help in housekeeping and the "thick girl" comment. That made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy, I will definitely post the ones that I find. I hope that your treatments have been successful and your winning your battle with breast cancer!

    Heather, thanks for the kind words! You just don't know how much I miss hearing him snore! I really wish that I could rewind the clock and cherish more of the moments we had together before he left.

    Thanks for the comments ladies:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A healthy snack stash is an AWESOM idea! I'm adding that to my list!
    Teaching 3rd with Mr. G
    Follow me on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sonya, I was on the hunt for second grade blogs and found yours! I love it. I think the healthy snack stash is a great idea...I am guilty of hunting down some chocolate or candy at some point through out the day myself. I found the best water bottle at Target, it was THE BEST $10.00 I spent all summer. I look forward to stopping by more often : )

    Kathleen
    The Diary of a Not So Wimpy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kathleen! I'm going to have to go to Target and check out their bottles before I go back to work! Thanks for commenting:)
    My Second Grade Journal

    ReplyDelete